What is a Film Landing Page
Your film landing page is a mini-site designed and optimized as a film project, which you can change at any time. No need to build a website.
Simply describe your film to the audience so that they can connect and become fans of your film.
Benefits of the Film Landing Page
It is important to present your film in the correct format to Media, Film Festivals and Distributors.
- Appear in the Film Directory where Distributors browse for fresh content
- Highly optimized in 'Movie Schema' format, like IMDB, so your film appears as rich results on Google
- Easily shareable to your social networks, via Whatsapp and email
- All the details your audience, the media or distributors need to get involved
Grow your audience as they have the capability to sign up to your socials and/or newsletter.
How to Complete your Film Landing Page
How to find right Name for your Film
Important: Check IMDB.com if the name of your film exists, if it does, change your title.
Check Google what kind of results come up and if it's related to the subject of your film.
Tip: If you need to change your film title, try finding a word that relates to your audience, like a place or keyword.
Add an image to represent your film
- Do not add the title or any text, just a clean image (1920x1080px)
- Good place to design your image is canva.com
- Make sure the image is original without copyright
Tip: see the media guide
Add a small poster that will appear in the film directory
- Just add the title and tagline (267x387px)
Tip: For designing a poster, see the media guide
Your teaser or trailer available on YouTube or Vimeo
Select the type of film in the list
Feature film documentary, series or short film
This is the current stage of your film, you can change as you progress
- Concept Stage: This is when you have the idea, and the script is written
- Pre-Production: Key Teams (Director, Cinematographer, Cast) have signed onto the project.
- in Production: Next crew comes on board (Production Manager, Line Producer, Assistant Director, etc). Budget and locations are in place.
- Shooting: Actual filming is taking place in studio or locations
- Post Production: Shooting is complete, film is in editing phase
- Completed: The film is finalized and looking for Distribution
- Available to Watch: Film is available in cinemas or VOD platforms
Tip: You are more likely to get response from distributors if your film is in pre-production, a completed film is the best option
Goal: what do you want to achieve
What is your intention by adding your film to FilmBuzz.tv
- Looking for Funding: You are looking for investors to fund your film
- Looking for Distribution: Here Distributors can find you to make an offer for distribution
- Watch my Film: You will have a link available to drive audience to watch your film
This is highly important, it will be the first thing Distributors, Media and Film Festivals check.
Write your Logline
The logline is what you would find in film guides to convince the viewer to watch your film
Write your Synopsis
The synopsis is telling the story in a concise manner
- Add the synopsis no more than 300 characters
- Write in a visual manner, giving the mood and development of the characters
- Do not give away the ending
Check out this article on how to write a synopsis by Masterclass
💡 Tip: If your film is in 3 acts, write 3 paragraphs
The length of the film
- How many minutes does your film run for
Genre is a standard list in the industry to classify your film for the audience, media and distributors
Theme is a wider category and defines the audience interests by keywords
- Example themes are: Spirituality and Faith, Health and Fitness, Family and Children, Bollywood, etc
Country of Origin
- Which country is the originator of the film, not where it is shooting, but production base
Key Crew and Cast
Add the names of the people contracted to your film
- Just add the Key Crew and Cast
- Director is required
- Year of Release
- Camera and Lens
- Shooting Locations
- Frame Rate
- IMDB ID
That's it! Once you done, you can publish.
- Easily share your film to social networks, send via whatsapp and email to drive awareness
- Audience: Include your social links and get new fans for your film
- Statistics: See how many times your film page has been viewed